Hello! I’m Georgia Papadakis, an artist formally trained in life drawing who now mostly paints from her imagination. I’ve sold my work online and through galleries and shops since 2004.
From the age of 12 I worked almost every weekend at craft and fine art shows with my mom, selling her handmade jewelry. On breaks I would wander around the artisans’ booths, considering the techniques used to achieve the vibrant colors and textural variety that drew me in.
My art these days combines an education in both fine arts and graphic design—two very different perspectives— with a love for simplified imagery, visual texture, and crisply delineated organic forms. As when I wandered the art fairs, my mind is ever on technique; like a mossy texture made with a sponge or the gentle rubbing of gold leaf with a burnisher. Art for me is kinesthetic, and I enjoy art forms that accentuate the process.
- 2016-2017, Mule Mountain Magic, Bisbee, AZ
- May 20—June 12, 2016, “Essence of Woman”, Garret Museum of Art, Garret, IN
- March 4—March 28, 2014, “35th Annual Women’s Voices Out Loud”, Herndon Gallery, Yellow Springs, OH
- May 4—May 25, 2013, “The Female Construction: Annual Women’s Exhibition”, 28 West Second Gallery, Greensburg, PA
- June 22—August 3, 2007, Wright State University 2007 Alumni Exhibition, Dayton, OH
- June 2007, The Mermaid Cafe in Epic Book Store, Yellow Springs, OH
- May—June 2007, Springfield Museum of Art’s 61st Annual Members Juried Exhibition, Springfield, OH
- May 26, 2007 “Goodnight Moon”, Goloka Gallery, Dayton, OH
- May 2007, Un Mundo Cafe, Springfield, OH
- February 2007, “Bearly Legal”, Arts Interface, Springfield, OH
- April 5, 2007, Circus Benefit Show, Dayton, OH
- 2007, Yesterday’s Antiques, Springfield, OH
- 2006—7,Steel Pointe Gallery, Springfield, OH
- 2006, Dayton Visual Arts Center Members’ Show, Dayton, OH
- 2005,2006 DVAC Art2Buy Gift Gallery, Dayton, OH
- July 2005, “Drawings and Paintings by Georgia and Steen”, The Winds Cafe, Yellow Springs, OH
- 2004, “19 Artists”, Wright State, Dayton, OH
- 2003, Yeck College Artist Fellows, Dayton Art Institute, Dayton, OH
- 2003, “Objects”, Wright State University Experimental Gallery, Dayton, OH
2010, AS in graphic design, Washtenaw Community College, Ann Arbor, MI
2005, BFA in studio art, Magna Cum Laude, Wright State University, Dayton, OH